FLIP FLAP BREAKAWAY COUPLING
The Flip Flap Valve Marine Breakaway Coupling is a safety device that protects a flexible hose string from an excessive axial load, a surge pressure, or a combination of the two.
The standard Flip Flap coupling configuration comprises two sets of disc valves positioned either side of a circumferential calibrated titanium alloy weak-bolt flange assembly.
The unit is passive, which means it does not require any external energy source to operate.
- Control discs closure time upon project requirements
- Ease reassembly on-site
- Special titanium weak-bolt alloy
- Available both for onshore and offshore installation
- For offhsore installation, suitable for both floating and submarine application
- Suitable for monodirectional or bidirectional flow
- 100% leak-tight after breakout
- Maintenance free for 5 years
- 25 years design life
- Design Pressure
up to 10.000 psi
- Design Temperature
- Size available
4″, 6″, 8″, 10″